One of the requirements for Obama’s dictated amnesty is proof that the illegal alien has lived here for at least five years. Coincidentally that is the same as the requirement for citizenship.
The requirements below are taking from Government Publication G-1141. It seems that Obama could easily issue another executive decree that would grant the beneficiaries of his illegal amnesty the right to apply for citizenship. Would that would not be the natural next step and just in time for the next elections?
Before you apply for naturalization, you must meet a few requirements. Depending on your situation, there are different requirements that may apply to you. However, generally, an applicant for
• Be 18 years old or older at the time of filing Form N-400,
Application for Naturalization.
• Be a lawful permanent resident (have a “green card”).
• Demonstrate continuous permanent residence in the United
States for at least 5 years. (In some cases, this may be 3 years
if you are married to a U.S. citizen.)
• Show that you have been physically present in the United
States for 30 months. (In some cases, this may be 18
months if you are married to a U.S. citizen.)
• Show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the state
or USCIS district where you claim residence.