A recording of the organizer conference call of January 25, 2014. Towards the end, during the brainstorming session, it was suggested that we call for recurring impeach-Obama protests, always at the same date, time and place, which would presumably gather strength as more people learn about them.
Recent Impeach Obama Protests
– Freedom of the Press, Santa Barbara
– Boise State University – Obama visit
(Glen Graybill / Dave Pettinger / Quentin Kramer)
– University of Kansas – Obama visit
– Protesting Obama visits nationwide
– Terrorism Hypocrisy Week / Impeach Obama
– Other ideas?
Other topics / Open Discussion
These are Quentin’s notes from the call:
· Maintain a credible web presence – 3 or 4 more professional blogs/sites for core messaging network
o People want to see why they are protesting, what is the objective and issue
o What is the agenda – speakers, etc. – just showing up a and holding a sign gets some ppl, a name draw gets more (get local celebrities involved – Montel?)
· How to create a minuteman network
o Because the schedule is not published long in advance, it’s hard to do much preparatory marketing around events
· Therefore, we need a network of people who are ready to show up on short notice
o Some events might be worth calling in sick over, but not everyone can; have a mix of days and times
o Look into emergency and event notification
o National pager network?
· Coordinate national registries
o 1-2 coordinators per state – digging up groups and liaising
o Identify like-minded civic action groups around the country and coordinate communications
o Identify and create network of conservative bloggers for flash news release/messaging coordination
· Clearly describe our objective and how we get there
· Why? Make the case CLEARLY with an elevator pitch.
· On what grounds?
· CLEARLY educate
· Resource pool for activists – tools/education for protestors
Even if it were you, me and Glen insofar as a core team, we could easily set tangible goals.
– Set goals for the organization (e.g. impeachment, education about impeachment, etc.) [I also have someone who is great at video editing that works with me]
– Set schedule for weekly/monthly Overpasses
– Publish initial set of marketing literature by Feb. 15th
– Publish resources for organizers and protestors by Feb. 28th
– Gain the partnership of 10 conservative blogs by Feb 28th
– Identify one am or FM radio DJ in each state who will support the cause by Feb 28th
o Look into a protest in Boston last summer on immigration that had est. 5,000 people there – in (large?) part because a ‘no-name’ AM-radio DJ told people to go
– Identify 20 friendly internet radio personalities by Feb 28th
– A plan in place for 50 state coordinators by Feb. 30th ßa plan, not the coordinators themselves, but still ambitious.
– Have someone in place willing to take responsibility for overall ‘political group outreach’ by Feb 1
o For example, Campaign for Liberty is active in all 50 states and potentially each county in each of those states. Who is will coordinate outreach in aggregate?
– Communications plan in place by Feb. 28th
o Conservative blog – “press release” dissemination
o Flash communications network for protestor assembly on short notice
– Community action and subversion plan
o Public posters
o Street art
o Other ideas?