What difference does
it make now?
Below are resignations and convictions of Government officials that resulted from the Watergate scandal or otherwise among Nixon’s cronies. Out of the Fast and Furious, Benghazi investigations or other, numerous scandals in the Obama administration have come no convictions or resignations. The Republicans are just not interested in seriously prosecuting Obama and his cronies’ many crimes and misdeeds, mainly because they are complicit in many of them and benefit financially from maintaining the status quo. The investigations that the Republicans have done appear to be mostly theater to delude the voter about their real intentions.
● one presidential resignation
● one vice-presidential resignation – although Agnew’s crimes were unrelated to Watergate
● 40 government officials indicted or jailed
● H.R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman (White House staff), resigned 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
● John Dean (White House legal counsel), sacked 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed
● John Mitchell, Attorney-General and Chairman of the Committee to Re-elect the President (CREEP), jailed
● Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy (ex-White House staff), planned the Watergate break-in, both jailed
● Charles Colson, special counsel to the President, jailed
● James McCord (Security Director of CREEP), jailed
From: Watergate Casualties and Convictions