Impeach Obama Overpass Protester Arrested in Gainsville, FL

A highway patrolman arrests an Overpass protester without warning and without cause in Gainsville, Florida during the first week of March. This is unedited video and only the first 4-5 minutes are worth watching.

From: Youtube comments:

If anyone thinks this officer acted illegally/violated Kyle Young’s God given rights protected under the Constitution, you are urged to call the Florida Highway Patrol Troop B #352.955.1960 ext. 7 from M-F 8-5, to express your feelings. The arresting officers name is Michael J. Todd, badge #2171. Thank you all for the support!

Beginning of Incident Video Transcript:
Kyle Young: How’s it going sir?
Officer Michael J. Todd: Alright. Ya’ll are gonna have to get off the overpass.
Kyle: Sorry, sir. What’s that? We’re exercising our First Amendment right.
Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir, you can protest (inaudible.)
Kyle: Here’s a notice. Here’s a public notice. We can protest using our First Amendment right.
Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir, you can.
Kyle: To hold a sign up on the overpass, a public sidewalk. Correct?
Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir. (Inaudible) overpass.
Kyle: Is this a public overpass?
Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes it is sir, a state bridge.
Kyle: Am I. I’m a Florida citizen.
Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir.
Kyle: So do I have a right to hold a sign up? That says…
Officer Michael J. Todd: (Inaudible.) [Officer radios in using codes.]
Kyle: Just to let you know this is being recorded live.
Officer Michael J. Todd: I understand that sir.
Kyle: It’s online right now. We are simply exercising our First Amendment right. Is this correct or is this incorrect?

GainsvilleCop

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Demos & Protests. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Impeach Obama Overpass Protester Arrested in Gainsville, FL

1. merijoe says:

So, why is the cop there? Im a little confused. I couldnt hear the cop too good

• Admin says:

He just walked up, as far as I know. Probably someone called the Highway Patrol and complained. You should always call the police in that jurisdiction and let them know that you will be having a peaceful protest and how long it will last. The police often respond better, if they know you are there and they may not even have to respond to a 911 call, if they know about the protest beforehand. I would not stay up there all day, either. 2-3 hours is good. The longer you stay the more likely you are to have trouble from the police or some Obama thug that may show up.

2. Kyle Young says:

Beginning of Incident Video Transcript:
    Kyle Young: How’s it going sir?
    Officer Michael J. Todd: Alright. Ya’ll are gonna have to get off the overpass.
    Kyle: Sorry, sir. What’s that? We’re exercising our First Amendment right.
    Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir, you can protest (inaudible.)
    Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir, you can.
    Kyle: To hold a sign up on the overpass, a public sidewalk. Correct?
    Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir. (Inaudible) overpass.
    Kyle: Is this a public overpass?
    Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes it is sir, a state bridge.
    Kyle: Am I. I’m a Florida citizen.
    Officer Michael J. Todd: Yes sir.
    Kyle: So do I have a right to hold a sign up? That says…
    Officer Michael J. Todd: (Inaudible.) [Officer radios in using codes.]
    Kyle: Just to let you know this is being recorded live.
    Officer Michael J. Todd: I understand that sir.

• Admin says:

Would be interested in hearing an update about what has happened with this. How long were you held? Did they charge you with anything? Did you know this highway patrolman previously? Was there any earlier interaction with him?

3. Kyle Young says:

FHP Officer Michael J.Todd just walked up & told us to leave the public sidewalk. We never had a previous interaction with him. What you see in the video is the first communication with him. I was held about 5 hours until my bond came through so I could leave the county jail. I was charged with three counts, all three charges have been dismissed with “lacks prosecutive merit” as the reason for all three counts. I’m filing a civil lawsuit against the FHP Officer as soon as I lock down a lawyer.